Friday, April 13, 2012

The New Marketing Revolution and How you can use it to Grow your Career & Business

Just recently four seemingly unrelated threads of thought coalesced in my mind and brought to my awareness another important element in the New Marketing Revolution.
First, I was fortunate to to listen to a presentation by Malcolm Gladwell on his book Outliers and was struck by his insistence of the role luck plays in the success of outliers. His explanation is that they were lucky to be in the right place, at the right time with the right support.

Second, I was again very fortunate to attend a famous Soca Star celebrity 'Thanksgiving Service' and was again surprised to learn of the 'lucky break' he explained in arriving at his winning song for this year's competition, when he had to trust in his assistants and family and a prayer on a card.

The third incident occured to me directly. I returned home one night recently to find my drivers permit not in my wallet and a thorough search of the house turned up nothing. Lying down in despair at the thought of the process to replace it, I agreed with my wife to pray for its return. And to be totally honest within five minutes, while still praying, there was a knock at our front door. You may not believe this but I'll continue, there standing at the front door was a total stranger holding my drivers permit in his hand. He had found it on the road next to a vegetable stall I visited that morning and he searched the address and found it, to arrive at my door at that exact moment. What is that?

Finally I came across this article stating that we are living in an 'Era of Flux' and it went on to explain that there is seemingly no way of knowing what direction the world and the world of business will take in the present era. No amount of Startegic Planning would have led you to create the Instagram App and sell it 17months later for US$1Billion. It is just chance or luck as Gladwell would explain.

Well, well, well, as a university lecturer and business coach and trainer how does one explain this?  I think it is what Christians call Divine Providence, Scott Peck in the Road Less Travelled calls it Grace, Gladwell calls it luck and Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich calls it Universal Subconscious.

Whatever you choose to call it, I will go for the Divine Providence, success in today's era of flux needs it. To succeed in the New Marketing Revolution one must be constantly aware of signs and signals from around you, say your prayers, look for your lucky breaks, spot the opportunities, harness the support and advice from those around you, trust your family and those that love you and take the risks to flow with the Grace.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading on this articles your more on useful stuff.

    Small business

    ReplyDelete